All of HopeHealth’s programs that provide continuing education credit are awarded by discipline for the following organizations.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): These CME programs have been reviewed and are acceptable by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP): Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Continuing Education (CE)
- Registered Nurses/Licensed Practical Nurses: As an American Psychological Association (APA) approved provider, Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) provider #1117, programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number # CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Case Managers (CCM): Selected programs have been pre-approved by The Commission of Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board of certified case managers.
For more info visit www.ccmcertification.org.
- Social Workers: Commonwealth Educational Seminars is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org, through the Approval Continuing Education (ACE) program. CES maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB period: October 5, 2015 - October 5, 2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
For more info visit www.commonwealthseminars.com
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to grant continuing education credit for LPCs/LMHCs in the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Continuing education credit for Marriage & Family Therapists is awarded in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program.
- Psychologists: CES is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education credit programs. CES maintains responsibility for these programs and their content.
- Nursing Home Administrators, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Activities Directors, Physical Therapists, CNAs, HHAs and Medical Assistants: may use their Certificate of Attendance as proof of completion of the CE program.
CEs are awarded for total completion of all modules. You must be present for all modules and complete evaluation of educational activity.
ELNEC materials are copyrighted by City of Hope and American Association of Colleges of Nursing and are used with permission. Further information about the ELNEC Project can be found at www.aacn.nche.edu/ELNEC.
Continuing Education credit is provided by Commonwealth Educational Seminars, 1020 West Barnstable Road, Marstons Mills, MA 02648 in collaboration with HopeHealth. For more info visit www.commonwealthseminars.com.