For over thirty-five years, we have stayed passionately committed to our mission. We cherish this legacy of hope, bringing needed care and support services to thousands of patients, families and other clients across our communities. Now, we are Hope.
Founded in 1981, as Hospice of Cape Cod, we were one of the first hospice programs in the nation and the pioneer on Cape Cod. As people are living longer, often with multiple chronic conditions, the need for new services has grown. We have answered this call by expanding our service area and expanding the breadth of our programs.
Today, as HopeHealth, we deliver a wide range of medical care, care management and support services throughout eastern Massachusetts. These include:
- 1979 - We begin offering hospice and grief support services to all Cape Codders
- 1981 - We receive official 501(c)(3) independent non-profit status, allowing the community to contribute to our ongoing ability to serve
- 1985 - Medicare certification enables us to expand the range of services offered, under the Medicare Hospice Benefit
We establish the area’s only specialized program to respond to the needs of bereaved children
- 1993 - We open the Barnstable Hospice House, the first hospice residence on Cape Cod
- 2001 - The company name is changed to Hospice & Palliative Care of Cape Cod
- 2002 - With major community support from a successful capital campaign, we open our Mary McCarthy Hospice House in Sandwich as a
- 2008 - The Mary McCarthy Hospice House is upgraded to become McCarthy Care Center, the only licensed hospice inpatient unit in
We bring Medicare hospice services to Martha’s Vineyard through our Island Hospice team
- 2010 - We expand our service area to cover six counties, through the acquisition of Hospice of Boston & Greater Brockton
- 2011 - Alzheimer’s Services of Cape Cod & the Islands (ASCCI) formally affiliates with us, becoming a subsidiary entity
- 2012 - All services and programs come together under our new organizational name: HopeHealth
- 2014 - We affiliate with the Massachusetts Pain Initiative (MassPI)
- 2016 - We affiliate with Home Care & Hospice of New England. They rebrand as HopeHealth. Their services include Hope Hospice &
Palliative Care Rhode Island based in Providence, RI, and Visiting Nurse of HopeHealth based in Lincoln, RI.